1. What is your shop name and what do you sell? My shop name is ShadySideFarm, and I sell wool yarns, rovings and other wool products from our farm. We have upwards of 100 sheep on the farm with two different breeds. We're always looking for new and creative ways to market their wool. I also sell handwoven rag rugs (I've been weaving for over 10 years). We also offer hand-cranked socks made by my husband on his antique circular sock knitting machine.
2. What is your shop URL? http://shadysidefarm.etsy.com/
3. When did you start selling on Etsy? I opened my shop in November 2007.
4. What is your favorite thing about Etsy? I love that we can have an on-line presence without a website designer. Etsy is a great way to get started in online selling without a huge investment of either time or money.
5. What is your favorite thing about what you sell? I'm proud of the fact that everything in our Etsy store is either handmade by someone in our family, or comes directly from the wool from our sheep.
6. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why? Hard to choose! But I think the one item I'd keep for myself is the Country Mix Handwoven Rag Rug--http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9992513
7. What teams do you belong to? Besides EtsyWMI, I also belong to the SHEteam (Schooling at Home Etsians).
8. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop? I'm not really a great promoter. I guess I would have to say my blog is the most fun. You can find it at http://shadysidefarm.blogspot.com
9. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy? My favorite jewelry maker is Linda at http://mompotter.etsy.com, and I'm very proud of my two daughters at http://farmgirldesigns.etsy.com.
10. What do you do in your spare time? What is spare time? I homeschool my 3 of my 4 kids (the oldest is in college), and I am the bookkeeper and hired hand on the farm. I run a mom-based taxi service, am chief cook and bottlewasher, I blog and play with etsy.
I don't get to weave nearly enough to suit me, and often joke that it's my "therapy."