Saturday, September 13, 2008

Feature Artist: Poppy Glass

1. What is your shop name and what do you sell? The name is Poppy Glass and I sell stained glass art and jewelry. Actually I just started adding the jewelry part as of late and it kinda seems to be taking over my shop which I am not so sure I like that much so I guess I need to get my butt busy on my panels again soon!

2. What is your shop URL? http://poppyglass.etsy.com/

3. When did you start selling on Etsy? Ummm lets see…I think it was March 15th of this year.

4. What is your favorite thing about Etsy? I LOVE all the art! I cannot get enough of it. My favorites list is out of control.

5. What is your favorite thing about what you sell? I like that my stuff has a bit of a twist from your typical stained glass you see around. I try to create different things and keep it funky!

6. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why? My favorite piece at the moment is my “Jubilence” piece just because I love color and this piece is like a big burst of color to hang up!

7. What teams do you belong to? Well Etsy West Michigan of course. I am really not that good about participating though. I really like being connected to local artsit though.

8. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop? Hmmmm….I am not that good at promoting either I am afraid. I recently had a custom stamp made though with my shop name and url and I am going to being using it to make my own earring cards for my first show. Kinda like having them hang on my own business cards.

9. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy? OMG there are so many! But one of the first things I ever bought on Etsy is still my favorite. I bought a couple of ACEO’s from Norway based artist Carambatack Design (www.carambatack.etsy.com) and I absolutely LOVE them and all of her work. It is so sweet and wonderful I plan on buying more and getting them framed for around my house.

10. What do you do in your spare time? Spare time? I have no spare time! LOL Seriously there is not alot of spare time in my life. I have a 4yr old daughter and a 1yr old son, a house to run, a business to run, I have been volunteering at the Obama Campaign, I try my hardest to find some ME time. And usually if I do I am kicked back with a beer and just vegging out in front of the TV or the computer.

11. Do you have anything else you would like to share? I kinda feel like I am finally coming into my own since I have started here on Etsy. I have always been an artsy person, but just dabbled here and there and never really made any money doing it. And now that people are actually paying for MY work I feel like it finally has a purpose and some meaning to it. I guess that’s kinda silly to equate money with meaning, but it became more than just for me once I started selling things. Now I feel like I can do what I love and contribute to the family income and I don’t have to feel guilty about spending the crazy money I do on my supplies. I finally feel like a real artist!!!

No comments: