Friday, September 12, 2008

Feature Artist: Cottonseed

1. What is your shop name and what do you sell? Cotton Seed ~ I design wearable treasures and gifts, pretty packaging, and jewelry findings.

2.What are your shops URL? http://heatherweathers.etsy.com and http://cottonseed.etsy.com

3. When did you start selling on Etsy? July 2008.

4. What is your favorite thing about Etsy? My favorite thing about etsy is the friendly, helpful, community of people. And the very high level of integrity in workmanship and business ethics. Etsy allows people like myself to share with the world what I love to do and am all about!

5.What is your favorite thing about what you sell? My favorite aspect about what I sell is the shear creativity to make a one of a kind wearable treasure, and know that someone will take it home and love and enjoy it!

6. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why? My favorite item in my shop is my vintage silver spoon handle bracelets. The idea of taking something old and well used and loved, and giving it a new beautiful purpose gives me great joy. I get compliments every time I wear mine!

7. What teams do you belong to? I belong to team ETSYWMI ~ ETSYWWWG.

8. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop? Talk TALK taLK taLK ~ network on line and off.

9. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy? Banners - clothes - jewelry - friends - soap.

10. What do you do in your spare time? I am a grandmother, I love to garden , ride my bicycle, walk with my husband, my family, read, I am active in my church, make quilts for the Red Cross in our county, mend clothes for seniors in our town, and talk!

11. Do you have anything else you would like to share? Thanks so much for letting me share! Being an older person, not schooled on computers from day one, I have learned so much about this world of technology. And every day I find caring, knowledgeable, sharing, and most of all funny people , all on the internet!!! Mostly through Etsy. I wish all of you "the best" in your business endeavors.

No comments: