1. What is your shop name and what do you sell? My shop is Heather's Crafts and I sell hand crafted dolls, pillows,small art quilts.
2. What is your shop URL? http://heatherweathers.etsy.com/
3. When did you start selling on Etsy? I "took the plunge" and quit my super stressful day job in December and I started selling on Etsy in July.
4. What is your favorite thing about Etsy? Meeting new people and seeing the lovely goodies they make. I love collaboration and sharing ideas and advice. I haven't been able to do that since I left school.
5. What is your favorite thing about what you sell? I love the fact that I can make whatever I want. I sell items that have the strongest personalities...and every single thing is different and unique.
6. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why? Right now, my favorite item in my shop is the Portly Gentleman Deady Bearhttp://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13490794. I love how sweet he looks at me from my desk. It will be hard to part with that little guy.
7. What teams do you belong to? I belong to EstyWMI, Etsy DollArtisans, and Etsy Dark Side Street Team
8. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop? Going to shows is really the most fun for me. I love meeting everyone and getting to know the regulars around town and I'm really building a great customer base that way. I keep hearing, "I need to know where you will be next!"
9. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy? My ultimate favorite things I've found on Etsy are these beautiful headbands:whichgoose.etsy.com I'm also a sucker for innovative illustrations (as that was my major in college). Some of my favorites are: abstractheart.etsy.com,MiaMiBox.etsy.com, and a local girl deadbird.etsy.com
10. What do you do in your spare time? I don't consider myself as having spare time. I sew, paint, and draw constantly. Then I check Etsy and email with breakfast. It's great doing what I love all day long!