Saturday, October 11, 2008

Feature Artist: That Is So C. U. T. E.

1. What is your shop name and what do you sell? My shop name is That Is So C. U. T. E. and I love it when someone looks at my shop and can’t stop the words “that’s so cute!” I love knitting, felting and needle felting so you will find a variety of those items in my shop. Right now I have Pretty Pockets, Birdhouse ornaments and bottle cozies. Soon I’ll be adding some bowls, baskets, wine bottle (or liquor bottle) cozies, and other ornaments. I also love painting so you will occasionally find some hand painted items. Right now I have some Halloween items in my store. I also enjoy beading and have come up with my own design for beaded book thongs because I want to be too sexy for my book! I’ll be listing more of those real soon as well.

2. What is your shop's URL? http://thatissocute.etsy.com

3. When did you start selling on Etsy? I joined Etsy in August of 2007. It is a very part time place for me as I do hold down a full time job as well.

4. What is your favorite thing about Etsy? I love that for the most part, Etsy sellers are so willing to help someone out. I love handing out in the forums – I pick up so many great ideas. So many ideas that that I run out of time to create.

5. What is your favorite thing about what you sell? I love the feedback I get on Etsy. My very first feedback was one word…but what a word! “Perfect”! And another favorite I received in a convo…the person I traded with said “I just got the purse and have to say how AWEWOME it is! When I opened the box, it took my breathe away. Really! You do absolutely beautiful work.”

6. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why? My favorite item never made it into my shop! LOL!! It is a dark brown bottle cozy that has an aqua blue fun fur around the top. I am still in love with the color combo so I kept this one for myself.

7. What teams do you belong to? I belong to Etsy West Michigan and the Etsy Knitters teams.
The West Michigan team is able to meet up in person. There’s been a great deal of joining up and doing the local craft shows together. We put on our own Trunk Show in September. We are talking about putting on our own show next year – much larger than the trunk show. We are also considering getting together socially for a Christmas party.
The Knitters team is world wide and it’s been fun meeting other knitters from around the world. I’ve picked up some good tips from this team.


8. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop? That’s got to be hanging out in the forums. I generally check on all sections of the forums as I have time. I pick up good ideas under the Business Topics & Techniques sections. I love it when I can help someone out in the Site Help section. I can even find some interesting threads in Etc.!! But lately, I spend most time on our own team thread for the EtsyWMI team…we’re a chatty bunch!

9. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy? Wow – I see so much I wish I could just buy it all! I love the variety of soaps I find here – scents that sound so wonderful. I see even more yarn that I would love to add to my stash…but I’d have to hide it! Beads…artwork…all I have to do is check out 3 or 4 treasuries and I'll easily find more treasures to add to my favorites.

10. What do you do in your spare time? I love to read!

11. Do you have anything else you would like to share? Yes, I’d love to share a “real” fairy tale of how I came up with my shop name. Once upon a time there were 5 sisters who took vacations together, even after they were all grown up. They enjoyed each other’s company. They loved eating and shopping on these vacations. One day, they noticed something that kept happening whenever they were shopping together. No, not the fact they were mistaken for a mob when they entered a shop. The fact that quite often they would utter the same words at the same time: that is so cute! So, it is to honor my sisters that I incorporated that phrase into my shop name in the hopes that others will continue to utter those wonderful words as they enter my shop!

Just remember – CUTE now means Creative Unique Trendy Enticing!

No comments: