Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Feature Artist: The Empty Nest

What is your shop name and what do you sell? My shop name is The Empty Nest and I sell a variety of unique, kitschy items from vintage typewriter key jewelry, to atlas map magnets, to pocket mirrors!

What is your shop's URL? http://luv4sams.etsy.com

When did you start selling on Etsy? January 26, 2007 – it all started after my daughter’s medieval wedding was over and I needed something to occupy my spare time at night, so before you know it, I was creating marble necklaces and expanded from there.

What is your favorite thing about Etsy? For me personally, the favorite part is meeting people from all over the world and that is how friendships begin. I also love to hear when people inform me that they truly love my shop – gives me warm fuzzies!

What is your favorite thing about what you sell? It would have to be that I don’t know of many people who actually have a thought process like me and make items that I do. I like that I can put a little of my quirky personality into my items and share those with people.

What is your favorite item in your own shop and why? It would definitely be my glass marble dictionary definition bracelet mainly because I love it when people pick the six words to put under the marbles – it also allows me to provide a special gift for that special person.

What teams do you belong to? Fabulous Artistic Moms (FAM) and Etsy West Michigan – both allow an opportunity to promote others in that same group and also form new and developing friendships.

What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop? I love chilling out in the forums; I’m all over the board posting to topics of interest. I also started in a few chats and let me tell you, they are ADDICTING!

What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy? Oh my, what isn’t there to like about Etsy but the newest love would have to be sellers who make baby items – I’m a new grammy and grammy has to spoil the little one!

What do you do in your spare time? Spare time – what is that? After working a full-time job, coming home and walking the pooch, I immediately go to crafting. I’m anally organized and it is hard for me to sit still long enough before I get bored.I LOVE LOVE LOVE snowmobiling and boating so when weather permits, that is where I am!

Do you have anything else you would like to share? Well a few facts about me:- I come from a family of 13- I met my hubby at 15, married him at 18, had kids at 20 and 21 and have been with him for over 30 years- I’m a new grammy although I don’t feel like one- I’m an avid animal lover, rescuing a few pets along the way- I’m very energetic- Family is #1 priority- I love to create and bring about a smile on another person’s face!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for featuring me!