Monday, March 22, 2010

Members Monday: BellaJoy

Time to welcome a new featured seller - Heidi from Bella Joy Pottery!

     

Tell us a bit about yourself and your shop.
I'm a full time clay artist and can actually buy my own health insurance. :) I also teach ceramics part time at the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts. I live in Plainwell, MI and have two cats and a dog. I like reading, swimming, being outside, tomatoes, gardening, taking naps, and going fishing with my boyfriend Joe.

What are you currently working on?
I currently working on expanding my lace line. I knit lace and dip in porcelain slip to create vases, teapots, and cups. I'm trying to teach myself how to crochet because people keep telling me it's faster and easier than knitting.

What do you like to do in your free time outside of your business?
What's free time? I like to go out to eat, watch movies, run, and take Hunter (my dog) for walks.

Where would you like to see your shop and business in a year?
I would like to see enough sales on my shop so that I can cut out some more retails shows in the summer. I also hope to do more wholesale. I don't like working weekends in the summer.

Where can we find you online and/or locally?
Oh man. I have a website http://www.bellajoypottery.com. I have a Facebook Fan page - http://www.facebook.com/HeidiMCF. I have a Twitter account - http://twitter.com/HeidiMCF.
I have a blog - http://www.heidifahrenbacherbellajoy.blogspot.com.

My work can be found at:
For art fairs this summer I'll be in the East Lansing show, the KIA Bronson Park Show, Highland Park Fine Craft Fair (suburb of Chicago), Krasl Art Fair on the Bluffs, the State Street Art Fair in Ann Arbor, and Bay Harbor Art Fair.

Wow! Thanks so much, Heidi. This girl is everywhere so be sure to check out her work in person and in this weeks Featured Seller sidebar.

          

Introducing another batch of new EtsyWMI team members - ThePursery, jesseelin, and ChellasCollection.

2 comments:

Catherine Jayne said...

I love her shop! Great article Sara!

HeidiMCF said...

Thanks for the interview Sara, and thanks Catherine for the kind words!