Saturday, September 25, 2010

ArtPrize with Yellow Horse Art Studio

As a busy mom of 2 kids, ages 2 and 3, I have a long wish list of things to do for myself. This year ArtPrize has offered me one wish off that list. There is nothing that I love more than to work with my hands, whether it is in my shop with my tools, in my studio with my paints, or in my craft room with my sewing machine. My ArtPrize entry is a beautiful mesh of all my loves. It combines my love of woodworking with my love of paining and my afinity for finding God in the lonely places outside. "Febuary" is a 18" wide 48" tall woodcut overlaid with paint and textile that reflects on finding hope in seaons of trial and waiting. It's a deeply personal entry for me since I have often found myself waiting and waiting and waiting. I know the outcome will be good - when it finally gets here, but until then the waiting is lonley, cold and seems eternal. Everyone I know seems to have been in that place, that waiting place. We all know that there's an end, just like spring is just around the corner in Febuary, but here in Michigan that is still 2 to 3 months away. I hope that my piece reflects not only the trying feeling of that waiting time, but also the hope that shines just around the corner. You can view photos of the work in progress as well as the finished piece via my yellowhorseartstudio facebook page - under the ARTPRIZE photo gallery. Photos don't do it justice though - there are so many layers of transparent paint and metallic touches that you really should go down and see it in person at Lena Meijer Heart Center!



Find more of Anneke's work in her Etsy shop.

No comments: